Research Assistant – Antibody Discovery
We design and deliver complete drug development programmes from inception through to and including Phase II clinical studies. RxBiologics is a subsidiary of RxCelerate with a focus on delivery of biologics drug discovery work programmes. Our aim is to become the antibody drug developer of choice for the UK’s venture backed biotech start-ups and outsourced pharma projects.
RxBiologics has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated scientist to join us and help develop our services to support our growing client base. The position is based within the RxBiologics team, working at the Babraham Research Campus, a leading site within the Cambridge biotechnology hub.
Our Current Opportunities
The successful candidate will join our team of scientists supporting client antibody drug discovery programmes and internal technical development. They will primarily perform molecular biology techniques, phage display selections and antibody characterisation assays but will additionally provide protein expression/purification support when required. A strong interest in antibody drug discovery, proactive approach and drive to learn new skills is key for this position. 272BIO will provide practical training in antibody discovery processes and techniques. This is a full-time lab-based role, and the candidate will report into a senior member of the team.
- Support internal and external client projects.
- Provision of cross functional support, facilitating antibody display and assay screening campaigns.
- Reporting of work to line manager and the science team.
- Maintenance of accurate experimental records and delivery of high-quality reports.
- Laboratory support to ensure the smooth operation of the laboratories.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant biological science and preferably a year’s laboratory-based experience gained within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical sector.
- Molecular biology and microbiological skills such as PCR, cloning, gel electrophoresis and aseptic techniques.
- Working knowledge of plate-based immunoassays, e.g. ELISA, or homogeneous assays.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and assays an advantage
- Confident in the preparation of general laboratory media and reagents.
- Ability to work flexibly across projects with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Enjoys working independently and in a team.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
272BIO offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies described above. Applicants should send their cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to careers@272BIO.com by 22nd April 2022. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply, as this role does not qualify for international sponsorship.